Strengthening the Desire to Learn
The Egmont Foundation wishes every school child to have the desire to learn. We believe that desiring to learn is a prerequisite for learning and that learning is fundamental for the school child’s ability to develop and make a good life for itself.
What do we support?
Among other things we support the development of new teaching methods, new models for learning, mentoring programmes, educational aids, and research.
- Inclusion of children with special educational needs into the ordinary primary and secondary school
- Research: What spurs the school child’s desire to learn?
- Learning camps for children placed in care
- Early intervention for children who have difficulties in mathematics
- New experienced-based learning methods, co-created by children, designers, and researchers